Functional Medicine for the Brain & Body
Dr. Libert has 20+ years experience in medicine. After medical school she completed a 3 year residency in Family Medicine, and has been a board-certified Family Physician since 2005.
Over the last twenty years, she has pursued advanced training in integrative and functional medicine. Her extensive education and training enables her to offer a unique, whole-body approach for optimizing brain and body health.
- Functional Medicine for Complex, Chronic Illness
- Brain Health Optimization – Mood, Memory, Cognitive Decline, Anxiety, Depression, Attention Deficit, PTSD & Trauma
- Cardiometabolic Health – Diabetes, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Coronary Artery Disease, Inflammation, Overweight/Obesity & Sleep Apnea
- Digestive Disorders – Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux (GERD), Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), Constipation, Diarrhea, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis & Food Allergies
- Health Aging – Addressing the Root Causes of Cellular Aging, Cancer, Chronic Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis & Premature Aging
- Hormonal Balance – Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Premenstrual syndrome (PMS), Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), Menopause, Sexual Dysfunction, Male & Female Hormone Replacement Therapy
What sets us apart?
We recognize that symptoms like anxiety, depression, chronic fatigue, pain, irritability, brain fog, memory loss, digestive issues and other conditions are important signals that the body is out of balance.
Dr. Libert and her team will partner with you to uncover the source of the problem, and help you to discover what is needed to bring about healing. We combine conventional medical expertise with holistic therapies that enhance the capacity of the individual to heal. Here are just a few ways that our care is different from conventional medical offices:
- Personalized Treatment – At Caring for the Body, PLLC, we strive to put the care, back into healthcare by treating you as a whole person – body, mind, and spirit. Dr. Libert tailors each treatment plan to fit the individual’s unique lifestyle, taking into account genetics, health history, personal needs, and preferences. She utilizes the best of modern medicine, as well as safe, gentle, natural therapies to restore balance and promote optimal function to the body.
- Root Cause Resolution – Dr. Libert does not simply treat symptoms. She partners with you to discover the root cause of your health problems.
- Heart-Centered Care – We take the time to really listen. We enjoy getting to know our patients and strive to treat you like our own extended family.
- Comprehensive Appointments – Dr. Libert sets aside 2-3 hours for new patient appointments. She offers a comprehensive 6-month Functional Medicine Treatment Program and long-term follow-up if needed. Due to our practice model, we are only able to work with those who are serious about overcoming their medical problems and are ready, willing, and able to invest the time, energy, and financial resources to achieve their health goals.
- Education, Support, and Accountability – We are passionate about helping you to create health. Dr. Libert offers educational webinar recordings so that you can go deeper into relevant health topics. She also collaborates with our team of health coaches to provide you with additional support in implementing your lifestyle medicine plan.
- Optimal health is the primary goal of our medical practice.
- The Healing Power of Love: We strive to relate to our patients with grace, kindness, and acceptance, emanating from the attitude of unconditional love as life’s most powerful healer. We believe in treating others like we wish to be treated.
- Wholeness: Illness is a dysfunction of the whole person – body, mind, and spirit – and/or the environment in which they live, rather than simply a physical disorder or a random isolated event.
- Prevention and treatment: We promote health, prevent illness, and manage disease processes. Integrative holistic medical treatment balances relief of symptoms with mitigation of causes.
- Innate healing power: We recognize that our bodies were designed with an innate ability to heal and our role is to support the body in this process.
- Integration of healing systems: We embrace a variety of safe and effective options in diagnosis and treatment, including education for lifestyle changes and self-care, complementary approaches, and conventional drugs and surgery.
- Relationship-centered care: The quality of the relationship between physician and patient is a major determinant of healing outcomes. We take time to cultivate this therapeutic relationship.
- Individuality: We want to know what makes you unique so we can best care for you.
- Teaching by example: We strive to incorporate the principles of holistic health in our own lives in order to lead by example.
- Learning opportunities: All life experiences including birth, illness, suffering, joy, and the dying process are profound learning opportunities for both the patient and the medical team.