What is Lifestyle Medicine?
Lifestyle medicine is an evidence-based therapeutic approach to treat and prevent chronic illness by utilizing lifestyle interventions that address behavior change related to nutrition, physical activity, stress resiliency, rest, connections, and environmental exposures.
Better Lifestyle, Better Life.
What does “better health?” mean to you?
✔ Having more energy and vitality
✔ Optimizing body weight and composition
✔ Managing stress
✔ Sleeping better
✔ More confidence
✔ Mental clarity
✔ Feeling motivated
✔ Increased libido
✔ Better brain function
✔ A calm, positive mood
✔ Less aches and pains
✔ Having greater control over my health
Discover the Powerful Benefits of Our Physician-Supervised, Group Health Coaching Programs
- Reverse Your Risk Factors for Chronic Disease
- Minimize Your Need for Prescription Drugs
- Improve Your Cardiometabolic Health
- Recover From Chronic Pain
- Build Stress Resilience
- Heal Your Gut
- Fortify Your Immune System
- Lose Unwanted Body Fat
- Gain Lean Muscle
- Feel Better!
This is NOT the same old advice to simply “eat less and exercise more.”
Lifestyle Medicine means that…
- The patient takes an active role in their healing journey.
- The healthcare team partners with the patient, and the patient becomes an equal, functioning member of the health care team through learning and coaching.
- Health coaches provide education, support and accountability to help the patient reach their goals.
- The root causes of chronic disease are identified and addressed with therapeutic lifestyle change.
- Food, exercise and community become powerful medicine.
- Patients often shed unwanted body fat, gain lean muscle, reverse chronic disease risk factors, build stress resilience, and minimize need for prescription drugs.
- The end goal is not merely absence of disease, but rather optimal wellness and a thriving life.
Which Lifestyle Medicine Program is Right for You?
Prevent & Reverse Your Risk Factors for Chronic Disease with One of Our Lifestyle Medicine Coaching Programs
- Cardiometabolic Solutions
- High Cholesterol
- Insulin Resistance
- Type II Diabetes Mellitus
- Heart Disease
- Loss of Muscle Mass (Sarcopenia)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Musculoskeletal Solutions – Pain Recovery Program
- Chronic Low Back Pain
- Common Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Pillars of Gastrointestinal Health
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Chronic Constipation and/or Diarrhea
- Intestinal Permeability (Leaky Gut Syndrome)
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
- Gut-Brain Connection & Microbiome Optimization
- Chronic Diseases associated with GI Dysfunction
- SOS – Stress Recovery Program
- Chronic Fatigue
- Caregiver Support
- Burnout Prevention & Treatment
What’s Included in the Lifestyle Medicine Membership?
The program starts with an in-office visit with our patient care coordinator for biometrics and an InBody scan.
- Height & Weight
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Waist to Hip Ratio
- Blood Pressure
- Oxygen Saturation (SpO2)
InBody scan – body composition analysis to track your progress over time. This device shows you key components of your health including:
Skeletal Muscle Mass, Percent Body Fat & Basal Metabolic Rate.
Dr. Libert will review the results of your biometrics, InBody scan and initial intake questionnaires. She will prescribe a customized dietary plan, along with recommendations for a medical food and/or nutritional supplementation to support your health goals. You will meet with Dr. Libert for a brief 10-15 minute telemedicine visit to review her recommendations and to welcome you to the program.
Next, you have a private, 90-minute consultation with one of our coaches via phone or secure video conferencing to review your intake questionnaires, dietary log and lifestyle plan (e.g. nutrition, sleep, movement and stress management), so that you will be set up for success with the group coaching.
Virtual Group Health Coaching Program
After your initial sessions with Dr. Libert and our health coach, you can access our weekly, virtual, group health coaching sessions in the program of your choice for education and support as you implement your personalized lifestyle medicine program.
- Biometric Measurements, InBody Scan & 90-minute 1:1 Health Coaching Session – $225
- Health Review & Personalized Lifestyle Medicine Prescription with Dr. Libert – $225
- Group Health Coaching – $269 per month x 3 months
Total Investment for a 12-Week Program = $1,257*
*Medical food, diagnostic testing and nutritional supplementation are optional and not included in the program fee.
- Optional On-Going Access to Group Coaching After Initial 12-Week Program – $69/month
When Can I Start?
New cohorts start several times per year. If you are interested in joining our Lifestyle Medicine Membership, reach out to us to sign up for the next start date that works for you.
If you are not yet a patient of Caring for the Body, PLLC, and are interested in our Lifestyle Medicine Membership, reach out to our patient care coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at (828) 490-1545 to inquire.
Corporate Wellness Opportunity
We work with corporations to improve employee health and wellbeing with our Lifestyle Medicine Membership. We invite you to reach out to our Patient Care Coordinator by emailing email@example.com or calling (828)490-1545 to inquire so we can learn about the needs of your organization and create a customized program for your employees.