Are you concerned about your brain function?
- Word finding difficulties
- Short and/or Long Term Memory loss
- Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Recent diagnosis of Early Stage Alzheimer’s Disease
If you are struggling with any of these challenges, I invite you to consider my cognitive decline evaluation and treatment program, inspired by Functional Medicine, the work of world renowned neuroscientist, Dr. Dale Bredesen, M.D., and my own Happy Brain, Healthy Body approach.
Here’s what’s included in the Cognitive Decline Evaluation & Treatment Program:
This comprehensive medical program involves metabolic and genetic testing, diagnostic imaging, targeted nutritional supplementation, peptide therapy, brain training, detoxification, and intensive lifestyle interventions designed to optimize brain function, reduce the risk of developing dementia, reverse mild memory loss and the symptoms of early Alzheimer’s disease.
Physician Functional Medicine Evaluation & Treatment (in-person or via telemedicine** with Cynthia Libert, M.D. for 12 months)
- 3 hour initial assessment with ordering clinically indicated labs, imaging and other diagnostics. My aim is to accurately diagnose any underlying root causes of neurodegeneration with a focus on identifying subtype(s) of risk factors for Alzheimer’s Disease and Mild Cognitive Impairment, as well as diagnosing any other underlying medical conditions.
- 3 hour review of diagnostics findings, treatment plan formulation and health education
- 1 hour follow-up to monitor progress and adjust therapies as needed
- 1 hour long-term planning visit to maximize chances for long-term recovery and health
- Peptide Management Plan
- E-mail access to Dr. Libert for plan clarification and troubleshooting via the secure patient portal for the duration of your program.
- Caring for the Body Membership
- The Brain Protection Plan – On-Line Instructional Videos
- Review of any existing, pertinent medical records prior to the first appointment
- Initial and follow up, customized neurocognitive testing through Cambridge Brain Sciences on-line platform
- Prescription drug management (including bio-identical hormones, testosterone and thyroid hormone prescriptions if needed)
- Customized herbal, nutritional and lifestyle medicine plan with therapeutic eating plan, menu, recipes and shopping lists
- Coordination of care with your primary care physician and other specialists if applicable
- Referral to health coach, psychotherapist and other medical and wellness professionals as needed and if desired
- 15% discount off of retail price for professional grade nutritional supplements ordered through the FullScript on-line dispensary
What’s the Investment?
Cognitive Decline Evaluation & Treatment Program – $9,750 for the 12 month program
Initial Payment of $1,500 due at the first visit, followed by 11 monthly payments of $750.
After the program – If additional care is desired beyond the initial 12 month program, patients can consult with me for a prorated fee of $450/hour.
Please note that the program fee does not include any labs and imaging studies, but these may be covered by your health insurance.
- Participants must be willing and able to make lifestyle changes including dietary changes, physical exercise, brain training, stress reduction and sleep optimization.
- If affected by mild cognitive impairment or significant memory loss, you must have a supportive spouse, family member or friend who can accompany you to the medical visits, and be willing to assist you in implementing the protocol.
- The program is not appropriate for anyone actively undergoing cancer treatment.
**Please note, I am not currently accepting new patients with an established diagnosis of moderately severe Alzheimer’s disease. In my experience, treating cognitive decline in the earlier stages has proven to be most fruitful.
How can I enroll?
Application is required. Click here to download a PDF application document. Alternatively, you may call our patient care coordinator, Jan Vidmar at 828.490.1545 or e-mail us at email@example.com to inquire and apply for enrollment.
**Telemedicine option is available for North Carolina and Georgia residents.