- Short and/or Long Term Memory loss
- Diagnosis of Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Family History of Alzheimer’s Disease
If you are facing with any of these challenges, I invite you to consider working with me to identify and address any risk factors for neurodegeneration. My cognitive decline treatment program is inspired by Functional Medicine, the work of world renowned neuroscientist, Dr. Dale Bredesen, M.D., and my own Happy Brain, Healthy Body approach.
This comprehensive medical program involves targeted nutritional supplementation, brain training, detoxification, and intensive lifestyle interventions designed to optimize brain function and reduce the risk of developing dementia.
Physician Functional Medicine Treatment (in-person or via telemedicine** with Cynthia Libert, M.D. for 12 months)
- Functional Medical Care with Dr. Libert: 30-90 minute follow-up visits as often as needed to address problems, monitor progress and adjust therapies. At the conclusion of the program, we’ll meet to discuss the long-term plan and strategies to maximize your recovery.
- E-mail access to Dr. Libert for plan clarification and troubleshooting via the secure patient portal for the duration of your program.
- Initial and quarterly follow up, customized neurocognitive testing through an on-line platform
- Prescription drug management (including bio-identical hormones, testosterone and thyroid hormone prescriptions if needed)
- Customized herbal, nutritional and lifestyle medicine plan with therapeutic eating plan, menu, recipes and shopping lists
- Patient Care Coordinator Services
- Monthly Virtual Office Hours with Dr. Libert
- On-Demand Online Classes on Functional Medicine Health Topics
- Coordination of care with your primary care physician and other specialists if applicable
- Referral to a psychotherapist and other medical and wellness professionals, as needed and if desired
- 15% discount off of retail price for professional grade nutritional supplements ordered through the FullScript on-line dispensary
- Photobiomodulation In-Office Treatment Program
- Brain Health Coaching Program
- Initial Health Coaching Consultation with a Certified Holistic Health Coach – 90 minutes with one of our coaches by phone or via secure video conferencing to review extensive intake questionnaires, dietary log and to customize a lifestyle plan (e.g. nutrition, sleep, movement and stress management) so that you can achieve your health goals.
- Five follow-up, 50 minute health coaching sessions, typically scheduled at 2, 4, 6, 9 and 12 weeks, but may be spread out over time if you desire. If long-term, maintenance health coaching is desired, additional one-on-one sessions can be purchased.
- The Brain Protection Plan – 12 educational videos (over 18 hours of content) created by Dr. Libert to help you implement your own personal Alzheimer’s Disease Prevention Plan. The on-line videos are available for viewing at your own pace, in the privacy of your home. Your spouse and/or caregiver(s) can access the videos to help support you in your treatment program. Here are the topics:
Session #1 – Re-Thinking Alzheimer’s Disease: How to Prevent & Reverse Cognitive Impairment – An Introduction to the Cognoscopy and the work of Dr. Dale Bredesen
Session #2 – How to Identify and Reverse the Risk Factors for Cognitive Decline: Inflammatory, Infectious, Glycotoxic, Atrophic, Toxic, Vascular & Traumatic
Session #3 – Caring for your Body: A Systems Biology Approach to Optimal Health & Brain Function
Session #4 – Add the Proper Fuel (Nutrigenomics & Blood Sugar Balance)
Session #5 – Calm Brain Waves (Soothe Anxiety and Lift the Mood)
Session #6 – Heal the Gut (Seal the Leaks and Cultivate a Healthy Microbiome)
Session #7 – Restore Hormonal Balance (Pituitary, Thyroid, Adrenals & Sex Hormones)
Session#8 – Jumpstart Metabolism (Improve Mitochondrial Health & Energy Production)
Session #9 – Put Out the Fire (How to Optimize Body Composition & Turn Off Chronic Inflammation)
Session #10 – Take Out the Trash (How to Avoid Brain Toxins & Support Your Body’s Natural Ability to Detoxify)
Session #11 – Protect Your Brain & Grow New Neurons: Ways to Increase Brain-derived Neurotrophic Factor
Session #12 – Planning for Longevity: Your Alzheimer’s Disease Prevention Toolkit
What’s the Investment?
12-month Cognitive Decline Treatment Program: $8964 (payment plans available)
After the program – If additional care is desired beyond the initial 12-month program, patients can enroll in one of the Caring for the Body Membership options and consult with Dr. Libert as needed.
Please note that the program fee does not include any labs and imaging studies, but these may be covered by your health insurance.
- Prior to participating in the Cognitive Decline Treatment program, all new patients must complete an Initial Functional Medicine Consultation for ordering clinically indicated labs, imaging and other diagnostics. Dr. Libert’s goal is to accurately diagnose any underlying root causes of neurodegeneration with a focus on identifying subtype(s) of risk factors for Alzheimer’s Disease and Mild Cognitive Impairment, as well as diagnosing any other underlying medical conditions. Following the initial consultation, a Review of Findings Visit is required to share the results of the diagnostic work-up, and determine if you are a candidate for the Cognitive Decline Treatment program.
- Participants must be willing and able to make lifestyle changes including dietary changes, physical exercise, brain training, stress reduction and sleep optimization.
- If affected by mild cognitive impairment or memory loss, you must have a supportive spouse, family member or friend who can accompany you to the medical visits, and be willing to assist you in implementing the protocol.
- The program is not appropriate for anyone actively undergoing cancer treatment.
**Please note, I am not currently accepting new patients with an established diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia.**
How can I enroll?
This program is by invitation only and is offered to patients who meet the criteria after completing an initial Functional Medicine consultation and review of findings visit. The first step is to call our patient care coordinator, Jan Vidmar at 828.490.1545 or e-mail her at email@example.com to schedule your free strategy session to find out if we’re a good fit to work together.