Caring for the Body, PLLC is a membership based Functional Medicine Practice
My goal is to help you achieve vibrant health, age gracefully and minimize your risk for chronic degenerative diseases.
Unlike the conventional medical model, where the patient typically assumes a passive role, the Functional Medicine paradigm requires a high level of awareness, education and commitment to personal growth. The key to fully implementing a Functional Medicine treatment plan is your ability to successfully make lifestyle changes. I want you to reach your health goals, and I invite you to become a member of my practice. Let’s work together to create the health you desire!
Membership has its benefits…
Here are the pillars of the Caring for the Body, PLLC membership model:
- 21st Century Functional Medical Care
- Small Practice Size – Access to Dr. Libert for Longer Appointments and Personalized Care
- Functional Medicine Education
- Brain Health Monitoring
- Recipes & Meal Planning
- Prescription Drug Management & Weaning
- Administrative Support Services
- Discounted Professional Grade Nutritional Supplements
21st Century Functional Medical Care
The goal of Functional Medicine is to determine how and why illness occurs and to restore health by addressing the root causes of disease for each individual.
The Functional Medicine model is an individualized, patient-centered, science-based approach that empowers patients and doctors to work together to address the underlying causes of disease and promote optimal wellness. It requires a detailed understanding of each patient’s genetic, biochemical, and lifestyle factors and leverages that data to direct personalized treatment plans that lead to improved patient outcomes. -Institute for Functional Medicine
Small Practice Size & Personalized Care
Dr. Libert has intentionally limited the size of her practice to only a few hundred patients so that she can provide access to longer appointment times and a highly personalized level of care. The Caring for the Body, PLLC membership model allows Dr. Libert and her team to extend a wealth of educational and administrative support to our patients.
As you’ve probably gathered by now, we are not a typical doctor’s office. Our initial visits usually last 2-3 hours, and the Functional Medicine plan includes instructions on diagnostic tests kits, dietary changes, a fitness program, nutritional supplements, brain function testing and training etc… And even though we spend an extensive amount of time together at your appointments, you will have questions and need for clarification and support in between visits. I want you to feel free to communicate with us as much as you need to implement your plan. Membership includes access to our secure, confidential patient portal. Please note that portal messages are intended for non-urgent, relatively simple, troubleshooting questions. The portal is not intended to be used for urgent medical concerns or questions that require extensive communication that would be better handled by a phone discussion or an in-person consultation.
Telemedicine is the use of secure videoconferencing and information technology to provide clinical health care from a distance. It is used to overcome distance/travel barriers and to improve access to speciality medical services.
Think of it like the 21st century version of the old-fashioned house call.
My office is located in Asheville, North Carolina. However, my services are available throughout the states of North Carolina and Georgia through secure, video conferencing or telephone sessions. I provide personalized care and accessibility, in a professional and private environment.
Caring for the Body Membership includes access to exclusive, members-only monthly live office hours with me + educational webinars on various functional medicine topics. The webinars include approximately 45+ minutes of teaching, followed by a live question and answer session.
Members are encouraged to submit their questions ahead of time via the patient portal or e-mail to email@example.com. The monthly webinars are held on-line so you can attend from the comfort of your own home. The sessions are scheduled for the first Wednesday of each month from 10:00am – 11:30am EST, and are recorded and archived for on-demand viewing.
Here are the 2020 Topics
- February – Tending Your Inner Garden: How to Cultivate a Diverse Microbiome for Optimal Health & Brain Function
- March – Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis: A Functional Medicine Approach to Solving the Puzzle of Autoimmunity
- April – Hypertension: A Functional Medicine Approach to Lowering Blood Pressure, Reducing Your Risk for Heart Disease, Stroke & Dementia
- May – What You Need to Know About COVID-19
- June – Age-Proof Your Brain: A Functional Medicine Approach to Decreasing Risk Factors for Neurodegenerative Diseases
- July – Put out the Fire: A Functional Medicine Approach to Decreasing Inflammation & Preventing Chronic Disease
- August – GERD: The 5R Functional Medicine Approach to Soothing Acid Reflux
- September – Happy Brain, Healthy Body: Natural Therapies for Boosting Stress Resilience, Improving Mood, Memory & Concentration
- October – Holistic Breast Health: Therapeutic Lifestyle Strategies for Reducing Breast Cancer Risk
- November – Blood Sugar Balance: A Functional Medicine Approach to Prevent & Reverse Type II Diabetes Mellitus
- December – Lifestyle Strategies for Staying Healthy Over the Holidays
Here are the 2021 Topics
- January – Gut-Brain Connection Series – An Introduction to the 5R Functional Medicine Approach
- February – Gut-Brain Connection Series – Remove – How to Address Environmental Toxicity
- March – Gut-Brain Connection Series – Replace – How to Identify & Address Low Stomach Acid (Hypochlorhydria), Pancreatic Enzyme Deficiency and Bile Salt Deficiency
- April – Gut-Brain Connection Series – Reinoculate – How to Nurture Your Microbiome for Optimal Health & Brain Function
- May – Gut-Brain Connection Series – How to Deal with Gut Bugs (Dysbiosis) – Weed, Seed & Feed
- June – Gut-Brain Connection Series – How to Deal with Gut Bugs (SIBO/SIFO) – Weed, Seed & Feed
- July – Gut-Brain Connection Series – Repair – Identify & Treat Leaky Gut (Intestinal Permeability)
- August – Gut-Brain Connection Series – Rebalance – Setting Yourself Up for Long-Term Success
- September – What’s Good for the Heart is Good for the Brain Series – How to Deal with Excessive Inflammation
- October – What’s Good for the Heart is Good for the Brain Series – Cortisol, Stress & Building Resilience
- November – What’s Good for the Heart is Good for the Brain Series – Protecting Your Endothelium
- December – What’s Good for the Heart is Good for the Brain Series – the Brain, Biomarkers & Longevity
Brain Health Monitoring
Caring for the Body membership includes an annual evaluation with a leading web-based platform for the assessment of cognitive function. The CNS Vitals Signs software is used by researchers around the world to obtain accurate, quantified, and scientifically-validated measures of cognition.
As a Caring for the Body member, you also have the option of scheduling an Annual Brain Health Check-up (a.k.a. Cognoscopy) with Dr. Libert at a 50% discount off the standard rate.
Recipes & Meal Planning
Most of my patients, especially working parents, older adults and those suffering with a chronic health condition, express frustrations around meal planning and food preparation. I’ve engaged the help of some extraordinarily talented nutritionists, chefs, designers and food artists to help.
There are no complicated rules to remember and no calories or macro- or micronutrients to count. No guilt, no deprivation, just simple whole foods, largely plant-based with a small amount of meat.
Included in your membership, each month you’ll receive beautiful color photo recipes and shopping lists. The recipes can usually be adapted for vegetarians and those eating gluten-free. However, if you require a highly specialized diet that restricts multiple foods/macronutrients or involves customized caloric intake, we can work together with our Functional Medicine coach, and design a customized meal plan that meets your needs.
Prescription Drug Management & Weaning
The Caring for the Body Membership includes prescription refill management. I will also provide medical supervision to help you safely wean off of any prescriptions medications, if clinically indicated.
Administrative Support Services
Your membership includes coordination of care with your primary care physician and other specialists, referrals for diagnostic tests and specialists. We’ll also complete simple, routine forms at no additional charge. Please note that some forms like disability paperwork or FMLA documents will require a separate office visit to complete.
Discounted Professional Grade Nutritional Supplements
Caring for the Body members receive a 15 % discount coupon code for purchases made on my on-line nutritional supplement and herbal dispensary, in collaboration with Fullscript™.
We look forward to the opportunity to provide you with a high level of personalized, functional medical care. Please feel free to address any questions with us by calling 828.490.1545 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.